Premarital at North Bay
Starting on Sunday, March 13th, North Bay will be launching a premarital class!
This class is designed especially for dating or engaged couples who wanna deepen their relationship and prepare for marriage. But this class is also available to married couples who would like to revisit the core Biblical principles that make for a healthy marriage.
Here is what you need to know!
- Register: Please email pastor Darin at least one week before the class starts if you are interested in joining.
- Location: North Bay Community Church (upstairs room) – 1316 E 5th St, Superior, WI 54880
- The Meaning of Marriage, by Tim & Kathy Keller
- Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage, by Dr. Kevin Leman
- Read chapters 1-4 and 8-9 before the wedding.
- Read the rest of the chapters after the wedding.
- Assessment Tools:
- Each couple will pay for ($35) and complete the assessment offered through Prepare-Enrich and then discuss the results in a session together.
- Each couple must complete the FREE 5LoveLanguages Quiz, and then print their results.
- Key Bible Passages:
- Genesis 2:24
- Luke 9:23
- Ephesians 5:18-33
- Hebrews 13:4
Premarital Class Schedule
|Week||Topic & Theme||Book Reading|
|Meaning of Marriage||Sheet Music|
|1 (March 13)||Introduction & The Key Passages on Marriage|
|2 (March 20)||The Secret & Power of Marriage||Intro., Ch. 1-2|
|3 (March 27)||The Essence & Mission of Marriage, Oneness and the goal(s) of marriage||Ch. 3-4|
|4 (April 3)||Loving the Stranger, Embracing the Other, Gender Roles||Ch. 5-6|
|5 (April 10)||Understanding Family of Origin: Conflict, Security, Finances, in-laws, etc.||Ch. 1-2|
|6 (April 17)||EASTER SUNDAY – No Session|
|7 (April 24)||Communication: Active Listening, Assertiveness, etc.||Ch. 3-4|
|7 (May 1)*||Talking About Sex [Private Setting]||Ch. 8-9|
|8 (May 8)*||Talking About Prepare & Enrich Assessment [Private Setting]|
|9*||Optional – Additional Session|